Friday, September 11, 2009

Field Trip and the Next Performance!

I am procrastinating....let's just be honest. :)  I have 6 more narrative reports to write about my kids since it's the end of the quarter.  It's not that I don't like writing...I actually can whip out written stuff pretty fast.  It's just that I take grading and reports so seriously, I just want it to be perfect! 
Yesterday we found out that we were going on a field trip this morning - so my first field trip with these kids!  We went to another school's program.  All of the high school students at the school were required to participate.  They did many Filipino dances for Buwan Ng Wika month (Filipino celebration), then a bunch of dances from countries around the world, to honor United Nations month which is in October.  The entire 2 1/2-hour show was phenomenal and quite impressive.  The dances were remarkable and the costumes were quite elaborate! 
I especially liked watching their Tinikling dance - and seeing moves that we had done in ours!  I felt kind of proud, thinking, "I can do that!!"  I've never EVER had such well-behaved kids on a field trip and such a calm, quiet group on the ride to and from!  At home, we usually have to trick the kids into playing quiet games just so we won't blow our eardrums. :)  It was an awesome morning!
Every other Friday here, one of the levels does a Morning Meeting presentation.  It's 30 min. long and usually involves any or a combination of singing, dancing, games, a presentation, etc.  In July, our Level B did a Morning Meeting on Nutrition Month.  It was cute and the kids even did a song while they wore fun vegetable hats on their heads!  Our turn is coming up again in a couple weeks.  We decided the focus would be Friendship and Kindness since those have been in our curriculum lately.  As my partner teacher, Eunice, and I were planning, I threw out the idea of singing High School Musical's "We're All in This Together" song.  Eunice LOVED that idea and said that could be our big performance!  So.... I'm in the process of trying to learn the dance so I can start teaching all the Level B kids the dance on Monday.  Should be crazy and fun!

Better get back to narratives....

No comments:

Post a Comment