Prayers are powerful. I know that. Sometimes it's amazing to see prayers in action in a powerful way though. There are so many people who pray consistently for Children's Shelter of Cebu - and we definitely feel it! Tonight we were in the midst of a casual all-staff dinner here at Sandy's house when we received a call that there had been a small fire at one of our shelter homes. It was a very small fire that started from a ceiling electric fan in the nursery. Thankfully, everyone is okay. One of the aunties (workers) saw it right away, yelled FIRE, and they got it out quickly. All of the children acted fast, getting out of the house and the older kids stepped it up and got all the little kids and babies out too. Although it turned out to be a fairly minor incident, we all kind of sat in stunned silence as we all probably had the same things running through our mind....THANK YOU LORD for your protection, and WOW, this could have been so much worse. It's cool to imagine how many angels God has in these homes constantly protecting our precious children and workers. We're going to bed tonight thanking God for his watchful eye on CSC. I'm sure I'll be hearing the whole "exciting" story from several kids tomorrow at school too... :)
Thanks for all of YOUR continued prayers too. I couldn't be doing this without prayer warriors behind me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment