I wasn't feeling well the last couple days...to be expected time-to-time when you live in another country. :) However, there are certain things that can really pick you up when you're not 100%. Often times, that's a child... These were a few of my highlights this week:
I had a minor ear issue earlier this week, and the kids in my class were consistent about praying for me every morning before class. "God, please heal Teacher Michelle's ear..."
Then I came down with something else the last couple days and missed two afternoons of school and a birthday party. Tammy texted me from the birthday party with a message from some kids - "Paula, Juancho,
Angelica, and Jocelyn say they will pray for you."
Within a couple hours, Joel texted me from one of the homes. I think he'd been there as the kids were going to bed and saying their prayers. The message read, "Rafael says he misses u :-)" Rafael is one of our precous 8-year-old boys.
Within a few minutes, Joel texted me again about Rafael - "He prayed God's hand would touch u to make u better :-)"
Today the teachers had meetings at school. Charryto, one of my students, was up at school for music lessons. She passed by the room I was in, froze in astonishment, and with a huge smile on her face, announced, "TEACHER MICHELLE! YOU ARE WELL NOW!"
It's amazing how simple responses from children can make your whole day - and even in some ways, bring healing that medicine can't bring. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is so awesome and SO encouraging!
ReplyDelete