With my cute kiddos, there are constantly funny stories about things they say or do!! Here are a few of the latest...
Now my American Studies class is over since both of my 6-year-olds have left. When I was hugging GeAn good-bye, she looked up at me and said her typical words, “American Studies?” I had to explain to her that American Studies was over and now her parents were going to be her American Studies teachers. She looked really sad and said “nooo”. I told her it would be hard to fly to MN just to give her lessons. After a moment she smiled and said, “It’s okay.” Thank goodness that ended on a successful note!
My morning class loves to point out when I have "dark circles" under my eyes when I am tired. "Teacher Michelle, why do you have violet under your eyes?" "Teacher Michelle, you have purple under your eyes again." Something that we'd barely notice in America they notice so quickly because of my very light skin!
All the kids were together doing some activities for a Filipino holiday, and one of the kids on my team (Weeno) was cheering for a peer. He told me he KNEW that Rufa Mae was going to win. I said, "Are you SURE?" He said he was. I said, "Are you POSITIVE?" Yes, he was positive. Later, after she lost :( ....I said, "Weeno! You said you were SURE she would win! You said you were POSITIVE!" He said, "Noooo!!! I am NEGATIVE!!" :D
One of the teachers has been pretty sick, so the rest of us have had to cover her responsibilities because we don't have subs here. I'm of course not capable of teaching her Filipino classes, but my class thought they could solve that problem....they told me that if I had dark skin, then I would be able to speak the Filipino language. They were trying to brainstorm how to color my skin, then got concerned, realizing it would also involve coloring my hair black....THEN they realized they needed to color my EYES brown/black too. They thought they could somehow do that with eyedrops....yikes!
Somehow today we got into a conversation in class about how amazing and wonderful God is. They loved talking about all the reasons God is amazing. Charydyn declared, "He can even count all the hairs on your head!" Then Charryto confidently stated, "But if you're opaw [bald/balding], then God doesn't have as many to count!"
Kids here love to try to pick up on some of the American phrases the American staff use. It's amazing what we'll hear them saying sometimes. Some of them have some of the lingo, idioms, and slang down! One student the other day was apparently attempting, "See ya later, alligator!" Instead, it came out, "Bye-bye, Teacher Michelle Alligator!"
One thing is for sure....there is never a dull day! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment