Life around here is full of activity, eventful, and fairly unpredictable!! To work here, FLEXIBILITY is a must! I realized pretty quickly that I wouldn't be keeping a planner. :) At a moment's notice - or maybe one day's notice - we'll have a lunch/dinner planned, a program, visitors coming, a meeting we need to attend, etc. We already randomly had school cancelled two days because the President declared two holidays for various reasons. If a teacher is sick at school, it changes many people's schedules since we don't have subs. The teaching assistants become subs and the rest of us also adjust as needed, sometimes meaning we take on an extra class. I kind of like being off of my rigid MN schedule... It's good I'm a pretty flexible gal. :)
This will give you a very general, loose idea of a "typical" week for me here:
Sun. - church - 10am, lunch out with staff, nap day :), possibly other activity or go into school (work) if we didn't on Sat.
Mon.-Fri. - alarm - 6am, leave for school - 7am, school - 8am-3:30pm, duty day ends 4pm
Every other Wed. - school staff devotions after school
Thurs. after school - CSC staff mtg.
Fri. after school - school staff mtg.
Sat. - sleep in, go into school for a few hours, errands if needed (Tammy and I try to avoid malls if possible)
Evening events/activities, depending on day - B-day parties at 6pm whenever there is a child's b-day, exercising at local "club" (20 cents each time!), lots of game nights with some of the staff, dinner out with staff probably 2-4 times a week (so cheap to eat out here!), spending time with our several visitors or adoptive families, etc. If Tammy and I are home early and truly have nothing planned, we can be found doing our devotions, online, reading, or maybe watching a DVD.
Never a dull day here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice job on the blog Michelle! :) I see Sprite, Coca cola & Mug root beer in one of the pictures, are there also local sodas? Pizza looks like it has odd stuff on it.
ReplyDeleteLove Aunt Kathy
Hey great stories, very encouraging.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you are having fun back in CSC!! :) -thats awesome!
I remember the first time you came to CSC when you were just 16, just what you said in your profile. I will never forget of what you guys did to us. We always had fun especially outing times!! Thank you Michelle for those old times. a memory that I will never forget with your MN team. Take care
Love, Mirasol