Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I love music.  There's something about music and the words that strike deep in my heart and stay with me.  In good times and hard times, songs often come to mind.  It's not surprising to see how God works through the hundreds of songs stuck away in my memory.  He seems to pull just the right one(s) to the front of my mind at exactly the right time.  Sometimes it's a challenge, sometimes an encouragement, sometimes an inspiration.  I'm one who really wants to know the words of every song I listen to.  The artist wrote those words for a reason, and I try to listen closely to them.  I would love to know the story behind the songs I know.  When I'm able to hear an artist talk about the story behind one of their songs and how they were inspired to write it, the song brings so much more meaning. 

This one came up in my life recently, when my partner teacher suggested using it for our Morning Meeting on prayer.  It was one I knew from several years ago, but hadn't heard recently.  When we sang it with the kids, I was immediately challenged again in my own walk with the Lord, and couldn't get the song out of my mind.  I think God was trying to give me some gentle reminders!  Since it's been stuck in my head, I couldn't help but share it here.  These are bold and powerful words.  Just think... if all the Christians in the world sang these words and meant them with their whole heart....wow, think of the difference there would be in our world!!  May you be challenged and inspired as I am, as we are reminded to continually offer all our lives to Him.  A daily choice, a daily challenge, but most certainly, a daily blessing - to offer our lives to our Lord and Savior, who gave His life for us so we could live forever with Him.

Lord, I Offer My Life to You
All that I am, all that I have
I lay them down before you, oh Lord
All my regrets, all my acclaims
The joy and the pain, I'm making them yours

Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life

Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my heart, all of my praise
My heart and my hands are lifted to you

Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life

What can we give
That you have not given?
And what do we have
That is not already yours?
All we possess
Are these lives we're living
That's what we give to you, Lord

Lord, I offer my life to you
Everything I've been through
Use it for your glory
Lord I offer my days to you
Lifting my praise to you
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer you my life

No comments:

Post a Comment