The day after graduation day was a teacher work day, finishing all the grades, reports, and hard-to-understand forms. I was so confused and it was far more complicated than I expected it to be. Lots of requirements for the Philippines Department of Education. Thankfully two of the teaching assistants and my partner teacher took some time to help me through it all. They were so gracious and wonderful in helping me figure it out!! It took me until the following Monday to finish, which was discouraging because I would have rather been hanging out with the children. I eventually finished though and it was such a great feeling! I was SO ready for my four-month summer break!
The teaching staff was treated to a pizza lunch, so we met the staff at a nearby pizza place. It was fun to hang out outside of school and have some final fellowship with the teachers. This teaching staff was such a kind, wonderful group of people. Their positive nature and fun personalities were very refreshing to be around each day. With such a small school, it's a small teaching staff, so we spent a lot of time together. They became good friends, and I knew I would miss them very much! It was hard to say good-bye to them, but I assured them I would be back to visit.
Me with my partner teacher, Eunice. We became very good friends!
School Faculty meeting








No comments:
Post a Comment