After a long final work week at school, the Ohlendorfs (Mitch, Ruth, and Andrew) and I went out for dinner with a visitor, Desiree. Des is a former CSC resident who was adopted to Minnesota. She had returned to CSC for a visit, and we were loving having her around!
This particular restaurant has an amazing buffet spread. Those of you thinking Old Country Buffet, you should stop right now. Definitely not OCB! There is usually enough to choose from that I can find some pretty good dishes. However, I'm not sure I'd want to see a video of myself walking around clutching my plate looking at all the other options though. Pretty sure my face just might have said it all.
I definitely had embraced the Filipino culture in many ways during my year in Cebu. My adventurous self tried a number of Filipino delicacies, some I loved and some, ...yeah. There are many foods I'm really missing, like MANGO, mango float, binignit, mango, BBQ sticks (not like BBQ here), pork adobo, pansit, mango, fresh pineapple, lumpia, fried bananas, mango, biko, adobong talong, and more! When it comes to seafood though, I had to draw the line....I just wanted to make sure that there was enough to go around for those at my table who REALLY wanted it!
This particular restaurant has an amazing buffet spread. Those of you thinking Old Country Buffet, you should stop right now. Definitely not OCB! There is usually enough to choose from that I can find some pretty good dishes. However, I'm not sure I'd want to see a video of myself walking around clutching my plate looking at all the other options though. Pretty sure my face just might have said it all.
I definitely had embraced the Filipino culture in many ways during my year in Cebu. My adventurous self tried a number of Filipino delicacies, some I loved and some, ...yeah. There are many foods I'm really missing, like MANGO, mango float, binignit, mango, BBQ sticks (not like BBQ here), pork adobo, pansit, mango, fresh pineapple, lumpia, fried bananas, mango, biko, adobong talong, and more! When it comes to seafood though, I had to draw the line....I just wanted to make sure that there was enough to go around for those at my table who REALLY wanted it!
Above: BBQ sticks from a different restaurant - one of my FAVES in Cebu!!
Love the name of this dish!!
Now THIS food is looking good!! You should have seen the dessert part of the buffet. Yuuuuum! We had make-your-own crepes with a ton of different toppings!
Mitch's birthday was in a couple weeks and I was barely going to miss it. When he was away, we told the waiter we needed a birthday announcement at our table. Check out the birthday dessert this restaurant gives!!












No comments:
Post a Comment