Saturday, November 12, 2011

Finally

Unfinished business.  One thing that has never felt settled in my heart.  I love the feeling of finished, complete, no loose ends!  I'm a woman of my word.  When I say I will finish something, I almost always will.....sooner than later.  In this case, it's later. :) 

I still have several blogs that I never finished writing after returning from my year-long adventure in Cebu in May 2010.  I have always promised myself I would finish writing them.  I'm not sure all the reasons why I haven't.  I think part of it is not wanting to feel like the experience is over.  As ridiculous that sounds, I think it's part of what my heart is feeling.  Part of it is just straight-out procrastination.  Some of it is not knowing if I really want to re-enter the incredibly difficult emotions of those last couple weeks in Cebu.  It was a wonderful last few days, but very difficult at the same time.

I finish this mostly for myself.  Even though I started writing it for my supporters and friends, it turned out to be a great journal/"scrapbook" of my life for that year, and I want to be able to have it all documented in this way.  I've loved looking back at former entries and see what I was thinking/feeling.  It's a neat compilation of a year of extraordinary experiences and God's incredible faithfulness, and I'm really glad I started it!

If anyone out there reads these final entries, I hope you enjoy them!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Michelle for sharing your extraordinary journey...what a wonderful adventure God sent you on! You truly are an inspiration. That you for sharing!

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete