I walked up to Angelica today as she was lining up to go home for lunch. She looked a little sad. I asked what was wrong and she said, "Teacher Michelle, it's SO COLD today!" As I wrapped her up in my arms to try to warm her up, I had to smile to myself. I was thinking it was a rather pleasant day! It had been raining nonstop since before I got up this morning and the temperature online for Cebu said only the high 70s!
It was nice to not be sweating constantly, and even though it was noticeably cooler, I couldn't really bring myself to put on my long-sleeves. Some other teachers and kids were though! I went up to a teacher who I think had three layers on and said, "Oh no, are you cold??!" She laughed, "YES, aren't you??" I tried to explain how I thought it was really nice and how being from MN allowed me to not get too cold in this weather. She asked if MN was cold like today and I shared that MN is FAR colder! I said if she opened a freezer and stuck her head in, that would be like MN on a really cold day. :) I didn't try to explain further. There's just no concept of that kind of cold here! I'll just stick to personally enjoying the few times we get to have nice, cool days like this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'm so proud of you for not putting on a long sleeve shirt!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you for not putting on a long sleeve shirt!!!!
ReplyDelete