Friday, November 13, 2009

Hiding God's Word in Our Hearts

We are in the midst of a Bible verse memorization challenge at school!  The prize is having the Word of God hidden in our hearts.  Can't get a much better prize than that!  I love....LOVE.....that I work in a school right now where we can memorize Bible verses as part of our daily routine!!!!  What a special privilege to help kids learn the promises of Scripture.  We even have songs to go along with the verses that the Level B&C classes are learning. 

Each day this week began with review of last week's verses, including singing the songs again, then learning and singing the new verses!  The kids are really enjoying learning them and showing off their memory skills whenever they can - during breaks at school, at birthday parties, or just hanging out at the shelter.  These were our first two verses, and the kids have nailed them! 

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

What a treasure that they have memorized and understand that once they accept(ed) Christ into their lives, they became a new person and they now have a new life!!!!  This is what Christ desires for all of us.  We just need to accept the free gift of salvation from our sins and the free offer of eternal life in heaven that is available to all of us!

The Christian life definitely isn't easy....but the non-Christian life isn't either.  The Christian life gives you a loving and compassionate God and Savior who helps you every step of the way.  I can't imagine living life without a personal relationship with God.  He is my reason for living and my reason for hope.  My biggest wish in life is that everyone could and would understand, grasp, and accept that for their own lives too......the joy and hope it brings is surely evident in these kids' eyes as they light up when they recite/sing the promises from Scripture of their new lives in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment