Monday, March 12, 2012

Farewell!


Thanks to any and all of you who have read and followed my blog!  It's been fun and rewarding to write.  Once I started it, I realized it was an excellent record and journal of my time in Cebu.  What a wonderful keepsake to have record of so many amazing experiences.  I was determined to finish it because of that.  Even though it took me nearly two years to finish, and at this point, I was really just completing it for myself, it is now complete.  AWESOME!!!  

My year in Cebu radically changed my life, and the impacts have remained deep even two years later.  I think about Cebu and CSC every day, and was shaped by that experience in profound ways.  The way I live life and see the world is different.  So many things changed....my mindset and view of life, God, relationships, work, missions, the world, hurting people, living simply in all areas, and more.  I process things in ways I never did before, and I’ve entered a new realm of humility and surrender before the Lord.  I've also had to understand and extend grace to myself in daily living, as it's taken a long time to decompress from and process such a significant experience.  

It's been really exciting to watch many of the children that I was there with be adopted!  There was a record number of adoptions last year at CSC, as many of the kids I knew well were welcomed into new, wonderful families.  God continues to work, and new children continue to be welcomed into this amazing ministry.  One changed life after another, as CSC continues to be the hands and feet of Christ!  

My experience was one I am sincerely grateful for, and I look forward to many more visits to CSC in the years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment