Thursday, December 17, 2009

Last Day of Classes - with Hot Cocoa!


Today was our last day of classes before Christmas break.  I have realized that the kids are just as excited as the teachers for a break - the other day, I discovered a student intently counting days on the calendar, trying to determine how many days he had off!  Other kids quickly joined him.  When I corrected them to more days than what they had said, they jumped up and down!  Ah well, it'll be a good rest for all.

This morning we first went to another local school to see their Christmas program.  It was well done, as the first- and second-grade students sung their hearts out and looked beautiful in their exquisite costumes! 


Later on after returning to school, we read and discussed the Christmas story and also had treats - donuts and hot chocolate!  Why anyone would desire HOT chocolate in a climate like this, I'll never know....but the kids were excited to have this yummy hot drink again.  (I opted out of the crazy experience, not desiring to get any warmer than I already was!)  At times, I thought Christian, Charryto, and Melrod were going to breathe fire out of their mouths with the expressions they were giving about how hot it was!







The favorite part by far was the marshmallows on top.  Jeffrey was a little frustrated though.  He stated with a certain frown, "The marshmallows melt and then they sink to the bottom!"  Charydyn kept trying to sweetly charm her way into getting multiple helpings of marshmallows.  Her hot chocolate wasn't going down very fast, so I think she was just loving watching the marshmallows get soft and melty, then eating them off the top and asking for more! (Why not?!  I do the same thing...don't you?!)


Between quickly melting pink and white marshmallows, burning mouths, dunking donuts, and lots of laughs, I would say our day, espeically our Christmas party snacks, was a big hit! :D


1 comment: