Monday, May 3, 2010

My Life in Cebu....Coming to an End....

Well...My year here at Children's Shelter of Cebu has come to an end.  My time here has been more of an adventure than I ever could have imagined!  I have been blessed abundantly by working with these kids and with this ministry.  This is a remarkably special place, as anyone who spends one day here realizes.  To think that I got to spend almost 11 months here is unbelievable, especially when it was a dream that began in my heart 12 years ago on a short-term missions trip when I was a high-schooler.  My dream has been fulfilled, and I will always remember this year as a very significant year in my life.  I have learned and grown in so many ways. 

God has his hand on this place in a very special way, and that is evident each and every day.  Each of these kids are so very special to me and I will miss them terribly.  I will also miss the staff, as they have become like family to me.  I'll miss the teachers and the other workers - we are blessed with so many wonderful ones here at CSC! 

I am going to make this my last blog from Cebu, but I plan to write a few more when I get home - I still have a few stories and pictures to share!!  I'm realizing how short my last 3 1/2 days here will be, so I'm going to sign off on blog writing for a few days and spend time packing and hanging out with awesome kids. :)

Thanks to everyone who has faithfully read my blog this year!  I have no idea who all that entails, but it's been an honor and a blessing to share about this amazing ministry with you!  I hope that someday each and every one of you can visit CSC, if you haven't already.  And if you're ever looking for a place to support financially, then WOW, I found you a great place!!!!!! :D  Keep checking in on CSC's website to hear more about what's going on!  http://www.cscshelter.org/

I'll write more in a few days! :)
Me (in the middle) with my Cherne Home family
Me with my Duterte Home family
Me with my Eicher Home family
Me with my Teen Home family - plus a couple extras
Me with my Staff family

Me with my School Faculty family

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing the blog. It has been very interesting to follow your time Cebu. Let God bless your future!

    A blog follower from Finland

    ReplyDelete