This last week in school, we had end-of-the-quarter tests, so some classes did some Valentine's crafts after testing. I had several kids handing me handmade Valentine's cards or creations. One even had wings! One class put hearts with notes on popsicle sticks. I was getting one after another from this boy (not delivered by him though - he was always giving them to another child to give to me, then sometimes peeking from afar to watch for my expression!). They got bigger every time they came! Cute stuff. Gotta love these kids!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Valentine's Day
To my surprise, I discovered that Valentine's Day is indeed a Philippines holiday! It is a very big deal here...apparently restaurants are crazy busy, all the hotels are booked, songs in the stores are almost completely love songs, and there are decorations adorning public places. My crepe in a restaurant this last week came with the chocolate drizzled in a perfect heart. Tonight at a different restaurant, the napkins were folded in hearts, a watermelon decoration was carved with "Happy Valentine's Day", and the desserts on the buffet line were decorated with hearts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Aw, super cute!!!
ReplyDelete